The best glove for fireplace is one that offers the most protection while keeping your hands and arms comfortable as you work with flames or extreme heat. So if you are in the market for the best fireplace gloves, we have narrowed down the best options for you and laid out a buying guide as well.
You should never let your guard down when it comes to dealing with fire. Whether you’re putting or arranging logs in your fireplace, enjoying an outdoor barbecue, or working with fire in your job, wearing the right kind of gloves makes a huge difference in terms of protection, safety, and comfort.
Fireplace gloves are one of the most important fire tools to have around. If you have a fireplace, then having at least one of these pairs of gloves is perfect so you can protect your hands against the heat and flames.
But fireplace gloves aren’t just for that one purpose. Many people use fireplace gloves as welding gloves. Avid grillers wear fireplace gloves when they are grilling barbecue. Since fireplace gloves do a good job in terms of protection, some people even wear fireplace gloves while pruning thorny bushes.
If you’d like to get your own pair of fireplace gloves, you’ve probably seen the sheer amount of options there are. We understand that it’s not an easy decision, so we’ve rounded up the best fireplace gloves in the market nowadays based on the criteria below.
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Fireplace Gloves
There’s a lot of things that come into play when looking for that perfect pair of fireplace gloves. So, we’ve rounded up the most crucial factors when you’re shopping for your own heat resistant gloves.
The materials and their quality speak volumes of how heat resistant gloves can be. Ideally, you should look for fireplace gloves that are made of pure, genuine leather. This helps ward away heat from your hands and skin. It’s also good to pick fireplace gloves with an extra layer for insulation.
It is also important to look into how well the gloves are made. We’ve only selected fireplace gloves with Kevlar stitching on this list because Kevlar thread is strong and durable, heat resistant and overall improves the quality of the gloves.
Most of the gloves are one size fit most, and they’re mostly suitable for adults with large hands. Howener, while some gloves look and feel thick, the insulation and cotton lining inside also allows for a snug fit around the fingers.
Most fireplace gloves cost around $14 to less than $30, so there’s a lot of wiggle room when it comes to price. However, if you want to get the best value for money, go for an excellent pair of gloves of the highest quality and heat resistance so you won’t have to keep replacing them over and over again.
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission at NO extra cost to you for purchases made through these links. Disclosure.
The Best Fireplace Gloves
1. RAPICCA 16 Inches Leather Gloves
These 16-inch Rapicca fireplace gloves are one of the best fire resistant gloves on the market today.
It offers impeccable heat resistance, thanks to its four-layer construction, consisting of double kevlar padding, insulated cotton with aluminum foil, and soft insulated cotton lining on the insides.
Its main material is made of genuine cowhide leather, so they’re highly heat resistant and puncture-resistant gloves that they work well for cooking with high heat, barbecue grilling, and handling hot coals and open flames.
The manufacturer indicates that this pair of gloves can withstand the extreme heat of up to 932 F, and they’re highly durable that most people use them as welding gloves as well.
It provides ample protection for your arms and hands in its 16-inch size while ensuring maximum comfort with its high-quality construction.
- made of multiple layers of flame retardant materials for maximum protection
- these are durable fireplace gloves that also work well as welding gloves
- its 16-inches long sleeves ensure protection up to your forearms
- Wearing these gloves makes movement a little less flexible
2. QeeLink Welding Gloves
If you’re looking for a serious pair of welding gloves, these 14 inch QeeLink Welding Gloves are one of the best options.
These flame and heat resistant gloves are made of premium cowhide leather, with cotton liner and canvass cuff for optimum comfort and insulation. It is then made more durable as these are sewn with kevlar stitching.
What we like about these gloves is that they offer much dexterity and flexibility because they are soft and comfortable. These are also very resistant to the extreme heat they also work well as fireplace gloves, camping gloves, and gardening gloves.
- These welding gloves are constructed with durable, flame retardant materials for longevity and better heat resistance
- It allows the user to be extremely flexible and comfortable
- Stitched with Kevlar thread for added strength
- multi-purpose gloves which are also useful in cooking, gardening, grilling, and camping
- The sizing around the fingers is slightly small
- The gloves feel stiff during the first use
3. WZQH Leather Fire Resistant Gloves
The WZQH Leather Fire Resistant Gloves are great fireplace gloves for a number of reasons.
First, these fire resistant gloves are made with multiple protective layers to ensure utmost fire and flame protection. The exterior is made of cowhide leather while the interior comes with a cotton lining for comfort and insulation. Right smack in the middle is a layer of fire resistant aluminum lining. With this incredibly durable design and construction, these fireplace gloves are rated to withstand up to 932°F(500℃) temperatures.
From the reinforced double leather design and Kevlar stitching, these fireplace gloves offer awesome protection against the heat and flames. But not only that, these are cut and puncture resistant as well, so they come in handy for tasks like gardening, cooking, and animal handling.
- the 16-inch long sleeves offer maximum protection from your fingertips right to your forearms
- these gloves are made with multiple layers of heat and flame retardant materials to protect your hands
- The insulation layer ensures optimum comfort, flexibility, and sweat absorption
- These gloves are one size fit most (adults), so they might fall off if you have smaller hands and arms
4. HereToGear Fireproof and Heat Resistant Welding Gloves
If you are into welding, blacksmithing, or any other job that works with flames and heat then these HereToGear Fireproof and Heat Resistant Welding Gloves are a great choice.
These are not just welding gloves, though, because they also double as fireplace gloves. These gloves are made with Grade A leather and cotton lining, reinforced with Kevlar stitching.
So if you need to tend to the fire in your fireplace or wood stove, wearing these fireplace gloves should protect your hands and arms against the heat and flames.
- Made with heavy duty fire retardant materials to protect your hands while working with fire and heat
- The leather gloves are sewn with Kevlar thread making them even more durable
- this pair of gloves is great for welding, cooking, grilling, and animal handling
- Some customers say the gloves feel a little too tight around the fingers
- Does not come with an insulation layer
5. OZero 932°F Heat Resistant Grill BBQ Gloves
The OZero Heat Resistant Grill BBQ Gloves are some of the best fireplace gloves when working with extreme heat and temperature. It is rated to perform excellently against up to 932 F temperature, making them great welding gloves, barbecue gloves and grilling gloves.
This pair of gloves are made with premium cowhide leather and comes with aluminum foil insulation for better heat resistance. The insides of the gloves are soft and comfortable, allowing you to move easily without worries of getting burnt by hot coals, welding sparks, hot kitchenware and open flames.
The OZero Heat Resistant Grill BBQ Gloves measure 16 inches, one size fit most. The extra long sleeves provide additional protection for your arms.
- Made with an insulation layer making the gloves even more heat resistant
- These cowhide leather gloves are scald-proof and puncture-proof, so they’re multipurpose and can be used for cooking, grilling, gardening, and animal handling
- Thick construction makes these gloves durable, while the interior is soft and comfortable, allowing you to still be flexible while wearing them
- Although these leather gloves are one size fits most, they mostly fit L-XL adults. If you are a petite woman, these gloves may not be the best for you.
- Feels stiff during initial use
6. KIM YUAN Extreme Heat & Fire Resistant Gloves
One of the many things to like about the KIM YUAN Extreme Heat & Fire Resistant Gloves is that they did not skimp on materials. These fireplace gloves feature 100% split cowhide leather that is around 1.0mm-1.2mm to ensure that these are oil-resistant, puncture-resistant, and heat resistant while giving you room for dexterity.
These gloves are indeed high quality as it is done with Kevlar stitching, making them even more durable and heat resistant. Despite the outstanding quality of construction, these leather gloves still feel soft and comfy inside, with great thermal and insulation properties to protect your hands against extreme heat (up to 662 °F).
As these gloves provide excellent fire and heat protection, you can use them for anything that involves cooking, grilling, working at the fireplace, welding, blacksmithing and more.
- Made of full thick leather to ensure fire and heat protection
- Features Kevlar stitching for reinforced strength and durability
- The gloves are thick on the outside, but your skin feel comfortable inside
- Protective extra long sleeves allow you to work with fire without fear of burns
- Some customers say that heat starts to penetrate after several seconds
- These gloves may feel too bulky for people with smaller hands
7. G & F Premium Leather Gloves
Protect your hands from burns while grilling, cooking, baking, or tending to your wood burning stove with these G & F Premium Leather Fireplace Gloves.
This pair of gloves are heat resistant as they are made with 100% cowhide leather reinforced with Kevlar stitching. The insides are constructed with 100% cotton lining to keep your hands and fingers comfortable while working with heat and flames.
These gloves measure 14.5 inches, and they are great for various application, such as heat handling, grilling, cooking, baking, bush trimming and animal handling. The extra long sleeves do not only protect your hands, but your arms as well.
- These fireplace gloves are made with 100% cowhide leather to protect your hands against the heat and flames, preventing burns
- Kevlar stitching makes these gloves even more strong and durable
- 100% cotton lining on the exterior also protect your hands and fingers while handling hot objects
- These are multifunction gloves that you can use for different tasks around the house
- These gloves do not come with an insulation layer so they’re not as heat resistant
Looking for a Fireproof Document Holder?
Check out our own fireproof envelopes for documents and cash, available at our shop!
- 8 Best Fireproof Safe For Cash and Documents
- 8 Best Fireproof Safe For Cash and Documents
- 10 Best Portable Campfire Grills to Have in 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
What are fireplace gloves?
Fireplace gloves are heat resistant gloves that you wear when tending to your fireplace or wood burning stove. As most fireplace gloves provide great protection against heat and flames, you can also wear these gloves when cooking, baking or grilling, instead of your regular over mitts.
Can welding gloves be used as fireplace gloves?
Yes, many people wear fireplace gloves as welding gloves. That’s because most fireplace gloves are heat resistant and provide good coverage and protection in the hands and arms.
What gloves are best when working around heat or flames?
You’d definitely want to invest in a good pair of heat resistant gloves if you are to work around heat and flames. Go for gloves that are made of premium leather, and one that has extra layers for insulation and soft padding for comfort.
When it comes to the best pair of fireplace gloves, our vote goes to RAPICCA 16 Inches Leather Gloves, although all the other fireplace gloves in this list are pretty close contenders.
We love that RAPICCA 16 Inches Leather Gloves have four layers of durable and high quality materials to really make them heat resistant. Plus, the extra long sleeves give your entire hands and arms protection too.